-
June 5th, 2003, 12:32 PM
#1
Inactive Member
the best digital camera available for up to the equivilent of $1000, about ?800.
What is it?
-
June 5th, 2003, 02:56 PM
#2
Inactive Member
sony vx1000 isn't being made anymore, found one for ?995. Doesn't have a lcd screen though. Who uses them? Are they that important anyway?
-
June 5th, 2003, 05:46 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Ya, Sony TRV900 should be fine. I bought a TRV740 new about a year ago, and that ran me about $750 US. And I haven't had any problems with it in terms of playback or recording, and I use it as a deck all the time. The only problem with Sonys are that there tends to be a lot of camera noise, so I bought a sony brand shotgun mic, and the camera noise is a lot less, so I recommend doing that if you go with a Sony.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 05, 2003 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Yammeryammeryammer ]</font>
-
June 6th, 2003, 03:09 AM
#4
Inactive Member
$1000 ain't medium budget, that's low budget I'd say. However, that doesn't mean you can't get a good camera for that sort of money.
If you're wanting to capture from the camera onto PC or Mac using Firewire I wouldn't recommend a VX1000 as they were one of the first DV cameras and the device control doesn't work very well.
I know the Sony TRV900 and Canon XM1 cameras are very good, but I think they may be out of your price range unless you're looking at second hand. If you do go second hand though, make sure you see the camera recording and playing back before parting with any cash.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks